Red Pepper and Corn Muffins2014-09-09
- Yield : 12
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 40m
Some delicious and healthy muffins.
- 125 grams plain flour
- 1 tablespoon(s) baking powder
- 150 grams fine polenta
- 1 tablespoon(s) castor sugar
- 1 egg
- 170 mL milk
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) tabasco sauce (optional)
- 60 mL oil
- 1/2 red pepper, seeded, membrane removed and finely chopped
- 440 grams tinned corn kernels, drained
- 3 tablespoon(s) flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
Preheat the oven to 210°C (415°F/Gas 6-7).
Brush a 12-hole muffin tin with oil or melted butter.
Sift the flour, baking powder and ¼ tsp salt into a large bowl. Add the polenta and sugar.Stir thoroughly until all the ingredients are well mixed.
Make a well in the centre.
Combine the egg, milk, Tabasco and oil in a separate bowl.
Add the egg mixture, red pepper, corn and parsley all at once to the dry ingredients. Stir quickly with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until all the ingredients are just moistened. (Do not over-mix – the batter should be quite lumpy.)
Spoon the mixture into the tin.
Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden.
Loosen with a knife but leave in the tin for 2 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.