Roast Pork with Cider and Olives2015-05-27
- Servings : 4
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
The flavour is so rich and incredible. The vegetables can be varied to suit what you have in your fridge! Try butternut as it mellows with cider and the brown sugar.
- 1 boneless pork loin; (approx. 1.5-2kg)
- 200g baby onions
- 200g baby new potatoes
- 200g black olives, pitted
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped into thick batons
- RUB INGREDIENTS
- 1⁄2 tsp chili powder
- 1⁄4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, coarsly ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
Preheat oven to 220°C. Place the pork loin in a roasting pan or deep casserole dish lined with tin foil. Combine the rub ingredients in a small bowl and rub over the pork.
Roast for about 45 minutes with the vegetables, olives, potatoes, tomatoes and onions.
Combine the brown sugar, flour, cider vinegar, and dry mustard in a saucepan. Simmer for 1 minute. Spoon over the pork and return to the oven.
Roast for about 15 minutes longer, or until pork registers 160°C.
Let sit for 10 minutes after removing from oven. Slice and serve warm.