Roasted Veg Boards with Nasturtium & Basil Mayonnaise2014-09-15
- Servings : 7
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
A very simple starter that is incredibly beautiful!
- 800 grams Mixed Vegetables-small carrots in half
- lengthways, long stem broccoli, asparagus-whatever is in season and easy to eat with your hands
- 3 tablespoon(s) Olive Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1 Handful of each basil and nasturtium leaves(omit nasturtiums if difficult to find)
- 1 tablespoon(s) Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 Lemon to make juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) Sugar
- 300 mL Sunflower oil mixed with 100ml olive oil
Preheat the oven to 240°C grill.
Wash and clean the vegetables and place on a large roasting tray. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in the oven under the grill and cook for a few minutes each side – the veg will be crunchy and slightly charred.
Place the egg in a bowl with the leaves, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, salt and sugar. Using an electric hand beater or whisk, slowly drip the oil in whisking continuously. About halfway through start adding a steady stream of oil, whisking until the mayonnaise is thick and glossy.
Serve the roasted vegetables with the basil & nasturtium mayo on chopping boards.