Roasted Vegetable and Couscous Salad2014-08-26
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 50m
A beautiful, bright and fresh take on a salad. Perfect as a light meal option or as a side dish.
- 1 red pepper, halved and deseeded
- 1 yellow pepper, halved and deseeded
- 1/2 butternut squash
- 2 courgettes, thickly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, leave skin on
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 red onion, thickly sliced
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon(s) harissa paste
- 50 grams whole blanched almonds
- 250 grams couscous
- 300 mL hot vegetable stock
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 20 grams mint, roughly chopped
Heat oven to 180˚C. Cut peppers and squash into bite-size pieces (leave skin on the squash).
Tip all the vegetables into a baking tray, add garlic, two tablespoons oil and seasoning, then mix and roast for 20 minutes. Add onion, cumin, harissa and almonds. Roast for another 20 minutes, then cool.
Put couscous into a large bowl, pour over the stock, cover, then set aside for 10 minutes. Fluff up with a fork.
In a bowl, mix zest, juice and remaining oil. Squeeze garlic pulp from skins into the bowl, mash well and fold in the mint. Pour over the veg, then toss with the couscous.
Serve immediately or at room temperature.