Rocket & Butternut Salad2014-08-26
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 30m
Delicious and healthy salad.
- 500 grams butternut, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon(s) dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- pinch salt and ground pepper to taste
- 100 grams rocket
- 1 dash(es) balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup(s) pine nuts
Preheat the oven to 190°C.
In a bowl, mix together the butternut, onion, chilli flakes, extra virgin olive oil, and season with the sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Place on the baking tray in a single layer and bake in the oven for about 20 – 25 minutes until the butternut is starting to caramelise. Allow to cool.
Gently roast the pine nuts in a pan and be careful not to let them burn.
Just before serving, toss with the butternut and rocket, then plate up and sprinkle with the balsamic glaze and the roasted pine nuts.