Root Veggie Soup2017-04-28
- Servings : 4
- Cook Time : 50m
- 400g leeks, white parts only, cleaned and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 200g carrots, peeled diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 200g turnips, peeled and diced
- 450g potatoes, peeled and diced
- A bouquet garni made with a bay leaf and a few sprigs each thyme and parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup crème fraîche, more to taste
- fresh parsley and toasted pumpkin seeds, for garnish
In a large soup pot, combine the leeks, garlic, carrots, celery, turnips, potatoes, bouquet garni, 11⁄2 litres water, salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 40 to 45 minutes, until the vegetables are very soft. Purée the soup using a blender.
Return soup to the pot and whisk in 1⁄4 cup crème fraîche (or more, to taste). Heat through, taste and adjust seasoning (be generous with salt and pepper). To serve, garnish each bowl with a spoonful of crème fraîche and a sprinkle of parsley and toasted pumpkin seeds.