- Servings : 5
- Prep Time : 1:05 h
- Ready In : 1:05 h
- 500g fresh, skinned and boneless salmon fillet
- 3 tbsps fresh lime or lemon juice
- Piece fresh ginger, peeled and very thinly sliced – 1 to 2 mm thickness
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and very thinly sliced – 1 to 2 mm thickness
- Bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Selection of fresh red and green chillis, finely chopped
- 6 spring onions, leaves intact, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsps olive oil
Slice the salmon fillet into 5 mm thick slices. For easy slicing, freeze the salmon fillet for 30 minutes before slicing. Use a very sharp knife, and slice thinly at an angle with a single, long stroke.
Arrange the pieces neatly on a serving plate. If not serving immediately cover with clingfilm and place in the refrigerator, 30 minutes before you’re ready to serve, remove the plate so it can come to room temperature.
Mix all the remaining ingredients well and pour over the salmon pieces. Allow them to marinade for 5 minutes before serving.