Scrambled Eggs & Smoked Salmon2016-02-25
- Cuisine: Family
- Course: Breakfast, Snack
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Servings : 2
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 5m
Smoked salmon has such a rich and salty flavour that a little bit goes a long way in this sophisticated take on scrambled eggs.
- 3 tbsps fresh chives, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tbsps butter
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 110g smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- basil pesto, to serve (optional)
- balsamic reduction, to serve (optional)
- fresh rocket, for garnish
Whisk 2 tablespoons chives, crème fraîche and eggs in a large bowl. Melt the butter in a large heavy pan over medium-low heat. Add the egg mixture and season with salt and pepper. Cook, occasionally scraping the bottom of the pan with a spatula to form large, soft curds, until just barely set, 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
Place 2 slices of toast on each plate. Put avocado into a bowl, mash with a fork, and season with lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Spread mashed avocado over each slice of toast.
Spoon eggs over avocado. Drape salmon slices over eggs and add basil pesto. Garnish with remaining 1 tablespoon chives, rocket and balsamic reduction and serve.