Simple Tomato Bredie2016-04-20
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 1:25 h
- Ready In : 1:50 h
Seasoned with fragrant cinnamon and cloves, nothing beats a bowl of home-made bred!
- 45 ml oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3ml Robertsons Ground Cloves
- 10ml Robertsons Crushed Chillies
- 1 Robertsons Cinnamon Stick
- 1 kg mutton, cubed
- 2 cans (410g) chopped tomatoes
- 500 ml water
- 4 medium potatoes peeled and quartered
- 10 ml sugar
- 30ml KNORR Brown Onion Soup
Heat oil and brown the onions. Add Robertsons Ground Cloves, Robertsons Crushed Chillies and Robertsons Cinnamon Stick.
Add mutton and brown. Add tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
Add the water and simmer for 30 minutes.
Add potatoes, sugar, salt and pepper, and simmer for a further 30 minutes.
Mix the KNORR Brown Onion Soup with a little water to form a smooth paste and stir into the bredie then allow to simmer until thickened.
Serve with yellow rice.