Sizzling Chicken Tortillas2014-08-21
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 20m
A simple and fun recipe for family and friends to enjoy. Also an easy lunchbox idea.
- 1/2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, Thinly Sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Chilli Grinder
- 1/2 Red Pepper, De-seeded and Thickly Sliced
- 1/2 Red Onion, Peeled and Cut into Wedges
- 1 Cloves Garlic, Peeled and Crushed
- 4 Flour Tortillas, Warmed
- 1/8 Lettuce, Shredded
- 2 Medium Tomatoes, Sliced
- 1/2 Ripe Avocado, Halved, Stoned, Peeled and Sliced
- 60 grams Soft Cream Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Cold Water
- 1 handful Coriander
Heat the Riscossa Olive Oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Toss the chicken with the ground Naturals Chilli Grinder and stir fry for 5-6 minutes until lightly browned and cooked through. Place cooked chicken onto a plate and set aside.
Add peppers and onion to the pan and stir fry until softened and lightly browned, adding the garlic for the last minute of cooking time. Then return the chicken to the pan and cook with the vegetables for 2-3 minutes until hot, stirring regularly.
Mix the cream cheese and water until it reaches a smooth, dropping consistency. To serve, put some lettuce and a couple of sliced tomatoes onto each tortilla. Top with cooked chicken and vegetables, then add some sliced avocado and a squeeze of lime. Finish with a couple of teaspoons of the cream cheese sauce. Add some chopped coriander to taste, and roll up tightly to serve.