Slow Cooked Chicken Curry2016-05-26
- Servings : 6
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:00 h
A simple chicken curry recipe that is packed with flavour.
- 1⁄2 cup mild curry paste
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2 to 4 cloves garlic
- 3cm piece ginger root, grated
- 1 tomato, cubed
- 2 tsps ground cumin
- 11⁄2 tsps ground cardamom
- 2 tsps salt
- 3⁄4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1kg chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 onions, cut into half-moons and thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli
- fresh coriander for serving
Combine curry paste, vinegar, garlic, ginger, tomatoes, cumin, cardamom, salt and pepper in bowl of food processor. Process until mixture is a paste.
Place the chicken in a slow cooker. Layer onions on top of chicken and pour sauce over. Add the chilli into the slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low for 8 hours.
Serve with coarsely chopped coriander and steamed basmati rice.