Smoked Salmon and Dill Blini Blini2014-09-22
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
Blini can be made up to 2 days ahead to save you the stress before the party.
- 1⁄2 cup (75g) buckwheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup (35g) plain flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 3⁄4 cup (180ml) buttermilk
- 30g butter, melted
- Smoked salmon and dill
- 1⁄4 cup (60g) sour cream
- 1tsp finely chopped fresh dill
- 1tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 1tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1⁄4tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1tbsp drained capers, chopped finely
- 100g smoked salmon slices, chopped coarsely
- 16 small fresh dill sprigs
Blini can be made up to 2 days ahead.
Sift flours and baking powder into medium bowl, gradually whisk in combined egg and buttermilk; stir in butter.
Cook blini, in batches, by dropping 2tsp portions of batter into large heated non=stick frying pan; turn blini, cook until browned on other side. Turn blini onto wire racks to cool.
Smoked salmon and dill - Combine sour cream, dill, onion, rind, pepper and capers in small bowl.
Divide sour cream mixture and salmon among 16 blini; top with dill.
Serve at room temperature. MAKES 16