Spicy Butternut Strips2014-09-17
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 1:30 h
- Ready In : 1:45 h
This is a lovely, colourful vegetarian salad, perfect when you need an inspiring recipe for all those winter root vegetables.
- 2 butternut (approximately 8 cups when cut up)
- 2 teaspoon(s) curry powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Cut the butternut in half, lengthwise, and remove all seeds. Use a potato peeler to remove butternut skins.
Using a very sharp knife, cut pumpkins into 1/4 - 1/2 inch thick strips to resemble French Fries. Put the ‘Fries’ in a bowl with the olive oil and add the spices. Toss by hand until well coated. Arrange the fries, single layered, on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 30 minutes or until butternut is soft.