Spicy Litchi BBQ Sauce2014-09-01
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 35m
A delicious and sweet BBQ sauce. Perfect for marinating beef or chicken before braaing.
- 1 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 80 mL litchi juice
- 125 mL litchis, peeled and pitted
- 420 grams tinned chopped tomatoes
- 170 mL tomato sauce
- 170 mL white wine
- 100 grams brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 handful(s) cayenne pepper or chilli powder, to taste
Place all the ingredients into a saucepan. Simmer until slightly thickened, about 20- 25 minutes.
Blend in a food processor until smooth. Strain through a sieve to remove any lumps. Use the mixture to brush on meat or chicken pieces before grilling or cooking on the braai.