Standing Rib Roast with Horseradish Cream2014-09-19
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:15 h
A delicious roast for friends and family.
- 1 1/5 kilo(s) standing rib roast
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 2 spring onions, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup(s) dry white wine
- 1/4 cup(s) prepared horseradish
- 300 grams sour cream
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) Dijon mustard
- teaspoon(s) finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoon(s) hot water
Preheat oven to 200 °C.
Brush roast with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large ame-proof baking dish; cook roast, uncovered, over high heat until browned all over. Place dish in oven; roast about 50 minutes or until cooked as desired.
Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in medium frying pan; cook onion, stirring, until soft. Add wine; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until liquid has almost evaporated.
Add horseradish, sour cream, lemon juice and mustard; cook, stirring, until sauce is heated through.Take off the heat and stir.
Stand roast 10 minutes before serving with horseradish cream.