Sweet & Sour Pork2014-11-26
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Course: Main Course
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 50m
- 1⁄2 tsp five-spice powder
- 2 tsp rice wine (or sweet sherry)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 500g pork fillet, sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 large red pepper, chopped coarsely
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 small pineapple, chopped coarsely
- SWEET & SOUR PORK
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tbsp ketchup
Combine five spice, rice wine, soy sauce and pork in medium bowl. Cover; refrigerate for 15 minutes.
Heat half the oil in wok; stir-fry peppers and onion until onion softens. Remove from wok.
Heat remaining oil in wok; stir-fry pork, in batches, until browned and just cooked through. Remove from wok.
Meanwhile, make sweet and sour sauce.
Add sweet and sour sauce to wok; bring to the boil. Return pepper mixture and pork; stir-fry until combined. Top stir-fry with pineapple; serve with steamed pak choi and white rice, if you like.
Sweet and sour sauce: Combine ingredients in small jug.