Tasty Chicken Stew2016-02-25
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:15 h
- 1tbsp oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 20g plain flour
- 200ml white wine or water
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 Knorr Chicken Stock Pot
- 100g button mushrooms, sliced
- A few sprigs of thyme
- Six chicken pieces (can be legs, thighs or breast)
Pre-heat the oven to 180°C, 160°C fan, Gas Mark 4.
In a large pan heat the oil, add the carrots, celery, onions and garlic and fry on a gentle heat for 5 minutes.
Add the flour and stir so it makes a paste around the vegetables.
Gradually add the wine or water and tinned tomatoes and bring to the boil.
Add the mushrooms, thyme and Knorr Chicken Stock Pot and simmer for a couple of minutes.
Place the chicken in a casserole dish, pour over the sauce, cover and cook in the oven for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until the chicken is cooked.