Thai Beef Salad2014-08-26
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 15m
A delicious salad with an asian twist.
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1 fresh red hot chilli, sliced
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) fish sauce
- 1 1/4 teaspoon(s) brown sugar dressing
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) sunflower oil
- 200 grams rump steak
- 1/2 cup(s) thinly sliced spring onion rings
- 1/2 cup(s) loosely packed mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) roughly chopped coriander leaves and stems
- Mixed lettuce and rocket leaves for serving
Make the dressing by mixing all ingredients together.
Heat the oil in a medium pan over medium high heat. Sear the steak until it is well browned on one side, turn and grill the other side. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes and then cut the steak thinly into strips.
In a medium bowl, combine the beef, spring onions, mint and coriander. Stir the dressing and pour it on top. Toss gently. Transfer the beef to a platter and serve immediately with the lettuce leaves, or plate individual servings with a portion of beef cradled in the mixed leaves.