Thai Chicken Burgers2014-09-22
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 45m
A quick and easy burger recipe.
- 500g chicken breast mince
- 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup coriander leaves, roughly chopped plus some for garnish
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 6 fresh bread rolls, halved
- 1 Red chili, sliced
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled in ribbons
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
Combine mince, curry paste, onions, 1 tablespoon of sweet chilli sauce, egg,bread crumbs, fish sauce, soy sauce and coriander. Mix well.
Using ½ cup mixture, shape into thick round patties. Place onto a tray. Cover. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Heat braai on medium heat. Spray patties with oil. Cook for 12 minutes, turning, or until cooked through.
Toast rolls, cut-side down, for 1 minute. Spread roll bases with remaining sweet chilli sauce. Top with patties, and roll tops. Serve with extra chilli slices, cucumber ribbons, red onion and extra coriander leaves.