Thai Red Chicken Curry2015-07-30
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 45m
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 500g Irvine’s Chicken Breasts, cut into strips
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 300g green beans
- 1 stalk fresh lemon grass, bashed with a rolling pin
- 2 tsps fresh ginger, grated
- 165ml coconut milk
- 150ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsps Thai red curry paste
- 1 tbsp fish sauce or light soy sauce
Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan and add the Irvine’s Chicken Breasts. Cook over a medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is sealed and browned.
Add the onion and garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Add the red pepper, green beans, lemon grass, ginger, coconut milk, chicken stock and red curry paste.
Stir in the fish sauce or soy sauce and coriander.
Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes, until the chicken is cooked, cutting into a thick chunk to check it is cooked through. Remove the lemon grass from the sauce.
Serve, garnished with more fresh coriander and accompanied by boiled or steamed rice or noodles. If you like things a bit spicier, you could add some sliced red chilli when serving.