Thai Red Chicken Curry2014-09-18
- Cuisine: Spicy, Thai
- Course: Main Course
- Skill Level: Easy
- Servings : 4
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 20m
An easy meal prepared in minutes.
- 2 tablespoon(s) Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) Red Curry Paste
- 850 mL Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup(s) Fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) Fish sauce
- 1/2 cup(s) Chicken Stock
- 1 tablespoon(s) Brown Sugar
- 1 Red Pepper, chopped
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 cup(s) Trimmed green beans, blanched
- 4 Chicken Breast, chopped
- 1 Red Chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 Coriander to garnish
In a saucepan combine a teaspoon olive oil and red curry paste with half of the coconut milk.
Simmer for 5 minutes. Add fresh basil, sh sauce, brown sugar, and chicken stock. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
While simmering - sauté the onion, the pepper and the chicken in a frying pan or wok with remaining olive oil until tender.
Combine sautéed mixture with curry paste and remaining coconut milk. Add the green beans and stir-fry until hot.
Serve on basmati rice topped with coriander and thinly sliced chilli.
Perfect for a midweek meal or dinner party recipe. Serves 4.