Thyme and Garlic Beef Kebabs2014-09-19
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 45m
- Cook Time : 4m
- Ready In : 49m
Aromatic and easy to make. Serve with extra olive oil and a cucumber and garlic yoghurt dip.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 500g sirloin steak, 1 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cold unsalted butter
Soak 16 wooden skewers. Preheat grill.
Combine oil, garlic, soy sauce, honey, oregano and thyme leaves in a bowl. Season well.
Trim steak of all fat. Cut in 1 inch cubes.
Add to the marinating bowl and mix to coat. Marinate for 45 minutes.
Thread the beef cubes onto your skewers. For full kebabs, use about 7 pieces of meat, for cocktail skewers, thread 4 pieces on each skewer.
Grill about 4 minutes on each side, or until level required. Plate and drizzle with rock salt, a dash of honey and some thyme leaves.