Tom Yum Soup2014-09-15
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 3:50 h
A spicy hot soup
- 450g tiger prawns with shell
- 1⁄2 tsp Natural Chilli & Garlic Seasoning
- 4 cups Ina Paarman's Chicken Stock
- 3 stalks lemon grass
- 3 tbsp A Taste of Thai Fish Sauce
- 1 /4 cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp chopped green onion
- 10 lime leaves, torn in half
- 1 cup mushrooms, halved
- 1 tbs chopped fresh coriander
- 4 red chilli, seeded and chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
Shell and de-vein the prawns, reserving the shells. Rinse the shells and place them in a large saucepan with the Ina Paarman's Chicken Stock.
Bruise the lemon grass stalks, and add them to the broth along with half of the lime leaves. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, and simmer gently until the lemon grass changes colour, and the stock becomes fragrant, about 5 minutes. Strain the stock and return to the saucepan. Discard the solids.
Return the stock to a simmer, and add the mushrooms and prawns. Cook until the prawns are pink.
Stir in the A Taste Of Thai Fish Sauce, lime juice, 2 tbsp onion, coriander, red chillies, the Natural Chilli & Garlic Seasoning and remaining lime leaves.
Taste, and adjust seasoning if necessary. The soup should be sour, salty, spicy and hot.