Twice Baked Potatoes with Cheese and Chillies2014-09-17
- Servings : 4
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 60m
Steamy baked potatoes
- 4 large baking potatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons chopped imported black olives
- 1⁄2 Diced canned mild green chilli peppers
- 4 to 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1⁄2 Cup grated sharp cheddar cheese, plus additional cheese for topping potatoes
- 1⁄2 Cup sour cream (garnish)
- Whole imported black olives (optional garnish)
Scrub and dry the potatoes. Cut a small, deep slit in the top of each potato. Set potatoes on the middle rack of a preheated 190°C (375°F) oven and bake for about 1 hour, or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
Let potatoes cool slightly, cut off the tops, and scrape the potato pulp into a bowl. Do not scrape so deeply that you tear the potato skin.
Salt and pepper the potato shells; reserve.
Mash the potato pulp and stir in chopped olives, diced green chillies, and enough heavy cream to give the mixture the desired consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and stir in ½ cup grated cheese.
Divide the potato mixture equally among the shells, mounding the filling slightly. Sprinkle with additional grated cheese and place on a baking sheet.
Bake again, at 200°C (400°F), until potatoes are hot and cheese is bubbling.
Top each potato with a generous dollop of sour cream.