Vietnamese Prawn Salad2015-08-31
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 3m
- Ready In : 18m
- 200g Thai rice noodles
- 400g cooked, peeled prawns
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 1 small cucumber, shaved into ribbons
- 1 large handful each coriander and mint
- 2 tbsps roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsps fish sauce
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
To make the dressing, mix the lime juice, sugar, fish sauce and garlic and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, pour boiling water over the noodles. Leave them for 2 minutes or until they are just cooked, then rinse under cold water. Drain well, shaking the sieve numerous times to get out the excess water, then place back in the bowl.
Add prawns, onion, chilli, cucumber and coriander. Pour the dressing over, mix, then sprinkle with the peanuts.